Technical Evangelist MACH role available at Microsoft Switzerland!
There is a job opening at Microsoft Switzerland in my team – right now. Beware, you will be working with me! (;
In the Microsoft Academy for College Hires MACH, we have customized experiences to help you start strong at Microsoft, build your global network, and drive your career. Our two year program (while being fully paid) is focused on ensuring that you receive the professional development early to help you accelerate your impact in role and that you have the tools and knowledge to steer your long term career.
In order to qualify for the MACH program and this role you will need to have a bachelor or master degree and no more than 3 years of working experience.
Within this area, you will be responsible for:
- Talking at events in front of a technical audience (Developers).
- Writing educational sample code and prototypes.
- Liaising with communities and user groups.
- Writing technical articles and short texts that will be included in our channel communication (newsletters, blogs, Facebook page, Twitter,…).
- Staying socially connected with the target audience to stay on top of market trends.
- Inspiring the local game developer community, to help them understand the benefits of the Windows Platform, and supporting them with its adoption.
Some people still frown at the term “evangelist” but I suggest having a look at the Wikipedia page to learn about its origins. Also, Thomas Lewis, technical evangelist for over 12 years at Microsoft, wrote an interesting piece on “8 Tips To Become a Microsoft Technical Evangelist”.
The job listing can be found here: https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=0&so=&rw=1&jid=119073&jlang=en&pp=ss
For more information on the MACH program, have a look at: http://careers.microsoft.com/careers/de/ch/graduate.aspx